Veterans Assistance Programs in St George, UT
Four Main Points of Aid and Attendance Eligibility:1. Military Service
- Veteran must have served 90 days of active duty with at least one day during period of war.
- Must have anything but dishonorable discharge.
- Claimant must currently need assistance from another person with daily living activities.
- Daily living activities can include eating,bathing, dressing, walking, and cognitive impairment.
- Claimant must currently be spending the majority of their income on care expenses.
- How much of their income they spend on care determines how much of the benefit they will receive; up to the maximum amount.
- The claimant’s assets must be below an amount determined by the VA.
- The amount of assets that a claimant is allowed to have is determined by their age and financial need.
What This Benefit Can do for You:
It allows you more financial flexibility when deciding on the most appropriate care for your needs.
- You can now afford more home care or the community of your choice.
- The benefit will be paid monthly and will never need to be paid back as long as you maintain eligibility.
- Like Social Security, this benefit is dependable and is paid directly to you by the United States Treasury.
- This benefit is also tax free.